So, this happened today…
I never knew I would ever get so excited to see the bottom of the laundry hamper. Motherhood has certainly changed my view of the world. What makes this better is that it is J’s laundry hamper. Toddlers make soooo much mess, it’s amazing. J has a lot of sensory issues and has a habit of rubbing unwanted ‘stuff’ down his top to get it off his hands as quick as possible. This is genuinely the first time I have seen the bottom of this thing since I finished maternity leave over a year ago.
There’s other things I get excited about too…
- When I find all the blocks from his wooden trolley…even more so when I put in colour order (borderline ocd?)
- When we have the full set of Bing soft toys all lined up!
- When his peg dolls are colour matched to their little pots.
- When the bathroom is clean and everything in its rightful place, including towels hanging evenly (I swear I am not OCD!)
- When I get the petrol to the exact amount…and I want to swear when it then tips to £20.01.
- When I get the closest child’s bay at Aldi.
Am I just cracking up since I had J? Or is this motherhood? Please comment with your ‘borderline insane, exciting Mummy moments’ so I don’t feel so mad 🙂