My blog post today is the Liebster award! I was awarded this by the Weeohana Blog who blogs about her lovely little man and lady. Also, Natalie who has the most beautiful cake photos! Thank you so much, I look forward to having a go ❤
A quick summary of what this award is; ‘Liebster’ is Germanic in origin and can mean dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute and endearing. This award started back in 2011 and exists only on the internet, given by bloggers to fellow bloggers to encourage connection and support within the blogging community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers. It’s a great chance to share the love.
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Now for my 11 questions!
What would you be doing right now if you weren’t blogging?
If I wasn’t writing this blog entry I would be doing housework. It’s not very exciting but that’s what Sundays are for in our house.
Why did you start blogging?
I started as a kind of diary of my thoughts. I was going through a lot of emotional stress after J started therapy and the journey of assessment. I also wanted to share our experiences in the hopes that it would help others to feel less alone.
What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? (minus blogging!)
I love reading. I am so happy when the sun is shining and I’m in the garden with a book. Doesn’t happen like that anymore since J’s arrival so instead it’s fitting in a few chapters at nap time or when Daddy’s home.
Whats your favorite movie?
I have two. Avatar (I just love the whole look of the film and the writing) and Beauty and Beast (I’m a complete Disney girl).
If you could own any car what would it be?
One that works! My car is currently sat in the mechanics as there’s a fault with electrics (we think). I hate being car-less as I’m essentially very lazy.
Whos your favorite band?
The Rasmus…I have been in love with this band since I was a teenager and here I am in my 30’s still listening to them on repeat. I also love My Chemical Romance, Taylor Swift and the older rock such as Greenday, Offspring etc.
What did you have for dinner?
I haven’t had dinner yet but we will be having fish linguine. This is one of our favorite foods and one we know J will actually eat!
When you were younger what did you want to be?
I wanted to be an actress. I loved being on the stage. My favourite was musicals. I also always wanted to play Jane from Jane Eyre so if the BBC are ever loooong to do a remake I am 100% available 😉
What was your favorite book as a child?
As a young child I pretty much read everything and anything. My mum says I even insisted on reading the back of cereal packets! Now my favourite is Jane Eyre as it’s such a mix of romance, drama, intrigue and strength.
Playstation or Xbox?
I used to be a PlayStation girl but when I got with hubby I switched to Xbox. Over 10 years later I am still firmly team Xbox. We have Xbox one but I don’t get the time to game as much as I used to.
Would you live in your pjs if you could?
Yes…totally yes! In fact I’m in my pjs right now and it’s 4.35pm. I love being comfortable and slumming it around the house.
- I was born in Germany
- I have a degree in Early Years
- I have a crush on Stephen Lang
- My favourite take away is Chinese.
- I have M.E and fibromyalgia
- I love studio ghibli
- I believe in ghosts
- For Lent I am doing the 40 Acts challenge.
- I love the beach and being in woods.
- I’m learning how to be a better cook as I have realised I actually love baking and cooking.
- I have a cat called Patch.
So now for my nominations:
- Bricks, blocks and fairies (Who shares our love of Usborne books)
- Anonymously Autistic (Who gives me an insight into how life after childhood is like for someone with Autism)
- The 3am Diary (Kaz has been a great support)
There’s many more blogs I could name but thought I’d better limit to 3!
My 11 questions for you:
- Where were you born?
- What’s your favourite favour ice cream?
- What’s your ‘guilty pleasure’?
- If you were a flower which would you be?
- What was your favourite childhood tv show?
- Where would your ideal holiday be?
- Have you ever ridden a horse?
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
- Who do you wish would read your blog?
- Are you a trainers or boots kinda person?
- If you could eat one thing for rest of your life, what would it be?
Go forth and have fun ❤